In 2010, Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki of MS Optical designed and manufactured the MS OPTICAL SUPER TRIPLET PERAR 3.5/35 for Leica M mount.
Since then, many hundreds of these tiny wonders have been sold and reached the camera bodies of people all over the world. This is not limited to the original 35mm focal length, as later a 28mm, 24mm and most recently a 21mm super-wide Perar followed suit.
At Japan Exposures, we would like to celebrate this and are calling all photographers who have taken pictures using this Super
Tpirlet Triplet lens. Our aim is to collect images from everyone and everwhere, then to pick the 100 best images and put them in a printed book to be handed to Mr Miyazaki (alert: this is a surprise and he does not know about this yet!). That way he can see how far his creations have travelled and what people have captured with them.
Japan Exposures was founded in 2004 and was the first site offering photo equipment, lens conversions, films and camera & parts sourcing from Japan. Since the beginning, we have been very happy to be able to work with Mr Miyazaki. This little project is meant to be a token of appreciation to him and his work.
We hope that you share this sentiment and would like to invite you to participate by submitting your photograph(s) to us. We will keep you informed on the developments of this endevour and at a later stage you will have the opportunity to purchase the book yourself.
You will find practical guidance below on how to submit your material.
Thank you and please spread the word to all “Perargraphers”!
Editing— We are no longer accepting submissions and are editing entries for including in the book. Thanks!
Submission Guidelines and Procedure
We will use Flickr to manage submissions. If you don’t use or like Flickr, please email us.
- Please join the Flickr group The Perar Book and add your image to group pool.
- Please include the following info with your image in the description field or tags:
- Lens used (and if possible serial number); it’s sufficient if you just state the focal length i.e. 21, 24, 28, 35. Example: Perar 28 #065 (MS Super Triplet Perar 28/4 serial number 065)
- Your location country or the location country where the image was taken (supposed to indicate where the lens went)
- Should your image get selected, we will later approach you privately to give you the option to provide your real name for credits and a high-resolution file for printing
- If we cannot ascertain the above information, we may reject the image on these grounds