SOLD OUT -- There are currently no plans for new lenses in this series due to parts supplier problems.
MS Optical original design Super Triplet Perar 3.5/35 rangefinder lens in Leica M mount. Second/third lot of 200/250 lenses (serial 201-650), designed, manufactured and hand-assembled in Japan by Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki.
- Very high optical quality triplet formula lens
- Ultra compact design, weight 75g, collapsible (4.2mm height when collapsed)
- Premium quality Tantalum glass, superior to Trium and Lanthanum glass with best refractive qualities
- Refined triplet design with two double thickness positive lenses, superior to Tessar design
- Round aperture for smooth and pleasing bokeh (Otto Niemann Feinmechanik Berlin, Made in Germany)
- Minimum focus distance 0.8m
- ALL glass surfaces multicoated, 97% light transmission
- Vivid, real and beautiful color reproduction, high contrast high resolution images
Differences to the first version:
- Native Leica M mount, not LTM with adapter
- More robust, thicker focussing lever
- Minor changes of markings on barrel, aperture scale marks
All versions are optically identical. Please note that serial numbers will be greater than 200 and we cannot make reservations for serial numbers.
Includes lens, lens hood and caps. Accepts 19mm filters.
Note: Unlike the first version, we will not code the lens this time with the Leica 6-bit codes. We found that lens coding is not strictly necessary and user preferences differ over what code to use. M8 or RD-1 users should not see any difference due to sensor size. M9 users can set the lens manually.
For more information, please see here.
Please note that we expect strong demand once again so please expect a brief waiting time between order and shipment date. Thank you.