In stock! In case shown as sold out, please sign up for product notifications
Large aperture portrait lenses were loved by professional photographers by their high performance and beautiful blur. Examples include Summarex 85mm f/1.5, Summilux 75mm f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.5, Nikkor 85mm f/1.5, Planar 85mm f/1.4.
Mr Miyazaki did some research to create a distinct quality and adapted a simple variation of the Sonnar type, which is compact and very light. It only consists of 5 elements in 4 groups. He then also abandoned all stereotypes of lens barrels and helicals to come up with a fresh design. The result is a breathtakingly light and compact design, diameter only 50mm, Length 57mm and weighing only 197 grammes!
At full aperture it gives 7th order aberrations and a soft flare, good for portraits.
At f/1.8, the central part of the image gives a high contrast without flare, and its resolution is much better than other Gauss type optics.
At f/4 and beyond it has perfect performance.
The distortion aberration is + 0.2% maximum, which is like a lens dedicated to reproduction.
Its volume is halved and its weight is between half and third of previous lenses, making it an everyday choice for all subjects. Initial lot of 200 lenses, designed, manufactured and hand-assembled in Japan by Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki.
- Compact Sonnar design, 5 elements in 4 groups
- Focal length 73mm, max. aperture f1.5
- All eight surfaces multicoated, 97.5% light transmission
- Filter and hood thread size 49mm, P0.75
- Size: diameter 50mm, length 57mm, weight 200g
- Minimum focus distance 1m on Leica M, on mirrorless cameras ~0.8m
- Initial lot of lenses, designed, manufactured and hand-assembled in Japan by Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki
- Native Leica M mount, area for 6-bit coding
- Available in black and silver finish
Please note that we cannot make reservations for serial numbers.
Includes lens, lens hood and caps.