Limited EU shipping option (i.e. shipping from within EU) for selected variants!
First lens of the MS Optical Historical Series Collection: small format version of the 1890 Zeiss Protar, Zeiss's first anastigmat design, which would later evolve into the Tessar. Maximum aperture f/6.3, which is fast for the design, thanks to the smaller format. Most vintage large format Zeiss Jena Protars (Series V) are f/16. Initial lot of lenses, designed, manufactured and hand-assembled in Japan by Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki.
- Protar design, 4 elements in two groups
- Compact pancake design, weight 45g, 60g
- 22.5mm filter size, 0.75 pitch thread
- ALL glass surfaces multicoated, 96% light transmission
- Minimum focus distance 0.8m on Leica M, on mirrorless cameras 0.5-0.6m
- Initial lot of lenses, designed, manufactured and hand-assembled in Japan by Mr Sadayasu Miyazaki
- Native Leica M mount, area for 6-bit coding
Please note that we cannot make reservations for serial numbers.
Includes lens, lens hood and caps.